November 18, 2008
York Telecom is providing webcast hosting services for this event. [disclaimer]
|To view a webcast, you may need to obtain Windows Media Player.|
9:00 - 9:30 a.m.
- Michael J. Astrue, Commissioner of Social Security Administration
- Lynda Davis, PhD., Deputy Under Secretary of Defense for Military and Community and Family Policy
- Walter Koroshetz, MD, Deputy Director, National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke (NINDS), National Institutes of Health (NIH)
- Ellen Embrey, Deputy Assistant Secretary of Defense for Force Health Protection and Readiness
- David A. Rust, Deputy Commissioner for Retirement and Disability Policy, Social Security Administration
- Nancy Griswold, Deputy Chief Administrative Law Judge, Social Security Administration
9:30 - 10:40 a.m.
TBI and PTSD: As Seen from Different Perspectives
- James P. Kelly, MA, MD, Chairman, Traumatic Brain Injury Subcommittee of the Defense Health Board, U.S. Department of Defense and Department of Neurosurgery, University of Colorado [testimony]
- Nancy Hogan, Associate Executive Director for Veterans Benefits, Paralyzed Veterans of America
- Carla Sarno, MD, Chief Psychiatric Consultant, State of Maryland, Disability Determination Service
- Katherine Helmick, Director, Clinical and Educational Affairs, Defense and Veterans Brain Injury Center
10:40 - 10:50 a.m.
10:50 - 11:50 a.m.
Traumatic Brain Injury: Today and Tomorrow
- Jerome Herbers, Jr. MBA, MD, Medical Consultant, Office of the Inspector General, Department of Veterans Affairs [testimony]
- John W. Sharpe, MBA, MS, PT, Service-Connected Veteran with a TBI [testimony]
- Ali R. Rezai, MD, Director, Center for Neurological Restoration & Professor of Neurosurgery, The Cleveland Clinic [testimony]
12:00 – 1:30 p.m.
1:30 – 2:30 p.m.
Children and Adults with Brain Injuries
2:30 - 3:00 p.m.
3:00 - 4:00 p.m.
Stroke and Disability
4:00 - 4:30 p.m.