Nonresident Alien Tax Withholding
THINGS THIS TOOL WILL NOT DO:
- Access your personal Social Security records.
- Make binding determinations.
- Allow you to make changes to your claim or benefits.
- Start or stop withholding taxes from your benefits.You must contact the Social Security Administration to start or stop withholding taxes from your benefits. We may ask you to complete forms or provide evidence before we change your tax withholding.
- Determine whether we can pay your Social Security benefits to you outside the United States. The Payments Abroad Screening Tool will help you learn if your Social Security benefits will continue when you leave the United States.
- Determine your tax liabilities to the IRS or the tax authority of any other country. This tool is not to be used as tax guidance. You should visit IRS's website to find tax guidance and information about your U.S. tax liability.
- Allow you to file your Federal income tax with IRS. You should visit IRS's website to find information about filing your Federal income tax.
- Allow you to take any of the following actions:
PLEASE BE AWARE THAT ANY CHANGES IN YOUR CITIZENSHIP OR RESIDENCY MAY CHANGE YOUR TAX STATUS.
To begin using the Nonresident Alien Tax Screening Tool, click on the START button below.START