SSI Wage Reporting

Reporting Wages for Supplemental Security Income (SSI)

If you receive Supplemental Security Income (SSI) and you or your deemor A deemor is generally the ineligible parent or spouse of the individual who is eligible for (or receiving) SSI. We consider the deemor's income and resources when determining the SSI recipient's eligibility and payment amount. The gross wages of your deemor must also be reported to Social Security every month. (e.g. your ineligible spouse or parent(s) with whom you live) work, then either you or your representative payee must report the gross wages to Social Security. You should consistently report wages during the first six days of the month to help prevent overpayments and underpayments.

Because SSI is a needs-based program for people who are aged, blind, or disabled, the amount you can receive is based, in part, on the income available to you. Generally, the more income available to you, the less the SSI payment will be.

You can report wages by calling or writing your local Social Security Office. You should ask about our options to use the automated toll-free SSI Telephone Wage Reporting Service, the free SSI Mobile Wage Reporting Smartphone app, or the my Social Security online wage reporting tool.

If you want to report wages using our telephone service or Smartphone app, please contact your local Social Security office and speak to one of our representatives.

Sign Up To Receive An E-mail Or Text Message Wage Reporting Reminder

Regardless of which method you choose to report wages, you can sign up online to receive a monthly e-mail or text message wage reporting reminder.

Sign up here!

If you have any questions about SSI Wage Reporting, please contact us.