Skip to main content
U.S. flag

An official website of the United States government

Report changes to your situation

You must report changes in your living situation, marital status, and resources to get accurate monthly SSI payments.

Report changes to your direct deposit account

Call us if there are changes to the bank account you use for direct deposit so that you can continue to receive your monthly payment on time.

You’ll need to provide your current direct deposit routing number and account number to change your information over the phone.

Call +1 800-772-1213

Call TTY +1 800-325-0778

Available in most U.S. time zones Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 7 p.m., in English and other languages.

Update your personal information

Tell us if your name or phone number changes so we can keep in touch with you about your payments.

Update your personal record

Other ways to complete this task

Mail or fax documents to your local office

Gather documents that show what’s changed. Mail or fax copies of the documents to your local office along with:

  • A brief explanation of the change
  • Your Social Security number
  • Your contact information