Skip to main content
U.S. flag

An official website of the United States government

Report changes to work and income

You must report work and income changes to ensure timely and accurate payments.

Report income


If you earn more than $1,050 gross income per month, report your wages online through your Social Security account.

Sign in to report wages

Other income

Getting workers’ compensation and public disability from a state or local government may affect your payment amount.

To avoid overpayments, tell us if you get these benefits or if the amount you get changes.

Call +1 800-772-1213
Call TTY +1 800-325-0778 if you're deaf or hard of hearing.

Available in most U.S. time zones Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 7 p.m., in English and other languages.

Other ways to complete this task

Fax or mail documents to your local office

Complete a Statement of Claimant or Other Person (Form SSA-795) (PDF). Gather supporting information that includes: 

  • A brief explanation of your work status or income change.
  • The date of the change.

Fax or mail the form along with any supporting documents to your local office.

Find your local office