Skip to main content
U.S. flag

An official website of the United States government

What you must report while on Family benefits

To make sure you get the right payments, tell us about certain changes.

Report changes to your personal information

Learn how to update:

Other ways to complete this task

Fax or mail documents to your local office

Complete a Statement of Claimant or Other Person (Form SSA-795) (PDF). Gather supporting information that includes:

  • A brief explanation of the change.
  • The date of the change.

Fax or mail the form along with any supporting documents to your local office.

Find your local office

Request to keep benefits when a child turns 18

If a child turns age 18 and is still in school (K–12), use the Advance Notice of Termination of Child's Benefits (Form SSA-1372) (PDF) to ask to keep their benefits.