A free and secure my Social Security account provides personalized tools and access to Social Security services to any adult, whether they receive benefits or not. Beneficiaries can print their own benefit verification letter and SSA-1099, change their address, update their direct deposit information, and, in most states, request a replacement Social Security card and Medicare card.
Someone not yet receiving benefits can use their account to request a replacement Social Security card, check the status of an application or appeal, view their earnings history, find out if they are eligible to receive retirement benefits, print a letter proving they do not receive benefits, estimate retirement and spouse's benefits, and more.
We created this web page to provide you resources and materials to help your outreach efforts. Your voice matters. Please encourage your clients to create and/or access their secure my Social Security account for all the terrific reasons above. We encourage you to share these materials widely, through external and internal websites, social media, blogs, and newsletters. Thank you for your support.
my Social Security Web Pages that Promote All or Just a Single Service:
- Main Landing Page with Overview of Features
- Estimate Your Retirement Benefits
- Estimate Your Spouse’s Benefits
- Representative Payee Portal
- View Your Social Security Statement
- Get Your Social Security Benefit Verification Letter
- Change Your Address and Telephone Number
- Request a Replacement Social Security Number (SSN) Card
- Opt Out of Mailed Notices
- Get a Copy of Your Replacement Social Security 1099 (SSA-1099) Tax Form
- Set Up or Change Your Direct Deposit
- Check the Status of your Application or Appeal
- To find our blog posts on my Social Security, scroll to browse by categories and select online services on our Social Security Matters blog.
Public Service Announcement:
- Use and Share our Public Service Announcement: Save Time With my Social Security.
Social Media Toolkit:
- Estimate your benefits (15 seconds)
- Manage your benefits (15 seconds)
- What is my Social Security? (2 minutes)
- How To: Calculate Your Retirement Benefits (2 minutes)
- How To: Change Your Address (1 mimute 9 seconds)
- How To: Get a Benefit Verification Letter (1 minute 20 seconds)
- How To: Report Wages to SSA (1 minute 50 seconds)
- How To: Use the Representative Payee Portal (2 minutes)
- How To: Opt Out of Social security Mailed Notices Available Online (1 minute 47 seconds)
- How To: Change or Enroll in Direct Deposit (1 minute 10 seconds)
- Create Your Personal my Social Security Account Today - English
- Create Your Personal my Social Security Account Today - Spanish
- Learn What You Can Do with a my Social Security Account - English
Request a Speaker
If you would like to request a speaker on behalf of your group or organizations to learn more about our programs, benefits and services, please visit our Ask For A Speaker page.