Social Security's New York Region operates more than 100 local field offices in New York, New Jersey, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands. Representatives in our field offices can assist you with all issues related to programs administered by Social Security.
To obtain information about your local field office, use our Social Security Office Locator. Just type in your postal ZIP code and we will provide you with the office address, phone number and business hours. We will also furnish you with directions to the office and with a map pinpointing the office's exact location.
Our field offices generally offer the full range of Social Security services, including applying for new or replacement Social Security cards, applying for Social Security and Supplemental Security Income benefits, making changes to your benefits information and helping Medicare beneficiaries with limited income and resources apply for extra help with the cost of their prescription drugs under the new Medicare Prescription Drug Program. Many of these same services are available online at www.socialsecurity.gov or through our toll-free service, 1-800-772-1213 (Voice) or 1-800-325-0778 (TTY).
You can request a replacement Social Security card online if you:
- Are a U.S. citizen age 18 or older.
- Have a driver's license or state-issued identification card from one of the participating states or the District of Columbia (to see if your state participates, go to www.ssa.gov/ssnumber).
- Have a U.S. mailing address (this includes APO, FPO, and DPO addresses).
- Have a my Social Security account.
- Don't require changes to your name, date of birth, place of birth, or gender.
Important Information for Brooklyn, Queens, the Bronx and Manhattan Residents:
In order to enhance public service and strengthen the integrity of the Social Security Number, the Social Security Administration opened the Brooklyn, Queens, the Bronx and Manhattan Social Security Card Centers. The Centers are located at:
- 154 Pierrepont Street, Sixth Floor, Brooklyn, NY 11201
- 155-10 Jamaica Avenue, Second Floor, Jamaica, NY 11432
- 820 Concourse Village West, Second Floor, Bronx, NY 10451
- 123 William Street, Third Floor, New York, NY 10038
These are the only Social Security Offices in New York where residents of Brooklyn, Queens, the Bronx and Manhattan - both U.S. citizens and non-citizens - can apply for an original Social Security Number or for a replacement card.
Please send us any comments or suggestions you have about our web site.